Despite the rain that wont stop (I wish it would just snow already. The mud in almost too much.) I have started to install the wood.
First, here is the part that I had to cut off the trailer: I believe it was to stop the vehicle being hauled from driving off the front of the trailer.
Next, I used the grinder to clean up the cuts and then traced the angles I needed for the first outside wood. (This wood is where the walls will sit and attach to.) The wood had to be notched to allow for the extra layer of steel that was part of the part.
I am using 2″ self tapping screw/bolts to attach the wood to the steel. I used forstner bits so the bolts would not stick out. The end of the board that is against the wheel well had to be cut at an angle. I’ll seal that up after it stops raining and the parts have dried to normal water content for here.